Friday, September 14, 2007

Jobless

So, J is now JoblessJ, which he hasn't been for the longest time. Anyway, he'd been complaining that he'd been too stressed and burnt out with work, he wants some time off with no worries. Now that he's transferring jobs, he took the opportunity to get some time off in between. I told him, he'd probably be catching on some sleep the first couple of days, but after that, he'd be bored out of his mind. I gave him 3 days.

Wednesday was day 1. For some reason, he woke up extremely early. He sat in front of his computer and stared. He didn't know what to do, it was funny. Of course, things weren't that much different for me. I still had to do the laundry, tidy up the house, pay bills and take care of some stuff I needed to. So, he gets a multiply account. Then he asks, what's next? I told him to go upload some pictures. He was able to upload 1 and that was it for him. Then he decided to tag along when I went out to pick the kids up from school. Since I was able to do everything by lunchtime, we just decided to go check out stuff at a couple of stores, then we ended up at the mall.

Yesterday was a bit better. He woke up later than all of us, so I didn't have to worry about keeping him busy. Then he took a nap after the kids got home, and we had dinner with his ex-boss.

Today should be much better, given that we'll be back on the road this afternoon. We have a baptism and a wedding to go to next week, plus we have to be looking at rentals to move into. Next week would be a different story as we have to probably start packing in preparation for the move. So, good luck to us!

4 comments:

:P said...

hi mio!

a lot of things has happened pala since you last posted. you know, ruther and I are also thinking of how things will be in the next 2 years. next year kasi for sure he will return to japan because his Japanese bosses there refuse to let him go. he is just indispensable, they say. but i am quite fed up. the only good thing coming out of it is a probable visit to japan one more time. and to be with Ruther again in Japan is something I am really looking forward to. 2009 is still uncertain. frustrating talaga but well, talagang we always have to take it a year at a time. i just wish in a few years, it wouldn't be as unpredictable as this. sigh...

Anonymous said...

wow, goodluck on everything.....ive never been a big fan of moving......i hate leaving behind things that i've gotten used to....hays.

mitch said...

Lea, no....some things we can't plan ahead of -- not so much, at least. Pag dadating, dadating. We can't rush it and we can't slow it down significantly. Pero I hope, whatever you and Ruther are planning for, you get to it in time. Time moves so fast, before you know it, you're there already....

Reigh, thanks. I am not happy with leaving what we call home now, too. But things have to happen at one time or another. We moved 2 years ago, and also the year before that, and the year before that, too -- I know, too much in a 5-year period -- pero ok naman kami. I know, ok pa din after this.

Mommy Chi said...

people you've worked all their lives tend to have nothing else to do when they're given a break from work. i've been through that stage when I quit my job (when I got pregnant). the past 9 months was filled with utter boredom. but now that i have gavin to take care of, parang ayoko na bumalik sa work. nakakaiyak ngang isipin na in 6 more weeks, kelangan ko na ulit mag work.