Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Sorry

In my book, it's probably the most overused and misused word. Half the time, it's either half-meant or sarcastically spoken. I hate it when people don't even think twice about doing something wrong just because they can say "sorry" after, or how people just say "sorry" so that they can get away with whatever they did. It has just lost it's meaning for me.

Maybe that explains why I don't easily forgive even if someone says sorry a thousand times. It matters more to me to see that one makes an effort to make things right rather than just saying a word. It matters more to me to see that they have learned from the experience. Saying "sorry" just doesn't cut it for me anymore.

And after all that has been said and done, if nothing changes, then it's a learning experience for me. Maybe I would be better off without those kinds of people.

No comments: