Gifts
I spent the last couple of weeks trying to get my Christmas list together. Finally, we are almost done. We spent a couple of weekends going shopping for Christmas gifts and almost all of last week wrapping the gifts. Natapos naman, except for the gift cards that I still need to buy and 1 gift for J's cousin that we still haven't figured out what to get.
Anyway, all in all, I am quite pleased with the gifts we are giving out this year. Gift-giving for me is not grandiose. I prefer to keep it practical. It doesn't have to be expensive, but I like making my gifts personal. I don't know, it might be just me, but I've always subscribed to the idea that inexpensive gifts on a personal level are worth more than big, heavy, expensive ones that most likely tend to be white elephants. I like making the recipient feel that I really spent time thinking about what to get him or her. Which is also why I am most of the time clueless when people ask me for suggestions on what to get someone else.
When I make my list, I usually don't have anything specific in mind for the people I'm putting in my list. I spend time going through the stores looking for something perfect. And I do find them, most of the time. I've learned over the years that it really doesn't take planning that close to find the perfect gift. Sometimes, I might have an idea or two, but I try to be really flexible when I find something else. And then again, I often find stuff that I think really clicks, and that's it.
2 years ago, I spent $2 on gifts for D and A. It was so funny they were so happy they were screaming all over the place as if they won a million dollars in the lottery, never mind that the wrapper probably cost more than what was wrapped themselves. And what were those? Plastic food for the cooking set they got a while back.
Since then, I have gotten a habit for keeping an eye open whenever we go out. I am constantly looking for stuff I can give as gifts later on. Especially with the kids, it's fun to watch them be really surprised with the presents they open.
So now that I am done wrapping them all, I am so looking forward for Christmas to come, if only to see the excitement that comes with the unwrapping.


No comments:
Post a Comment