Feelings
A couple of years ago, I was tinkering around with the computer and thought of making a video slideshow. It was close to the end of the season of American Idol when the goodbye song was Bad Day by Daniel Powter, and somehow, tuning in to the show every week had A familiarized with the song. It eventually became her "favorite" song.
Around that time, I was organizing the pictures on the computer, and it occurred to me how many pictures she has that's crying or pouting or sad or mad. See, when D was much younger, we'd aim the camera at her whenever she's crying and that usually ends it. She'd be smiling for the camera right away. A was different. Point the camera at her while she's mad and her anger intensifies. If she's crying, she'd usually just cry harder. And then it's funny to just take pictures of her with that disposition.
So, anyway......I thought that was appropriate. Sure, she had a bad day. And the video was made.
Last night, the hubby was working on his user profile and somehow came across the old video slideshows that we made before. Of course, he found the Bad Day video, too. He played it and while we were amused, I noticed A's expression getting sullen. She almost looked like one of her pictures in that slideshow. Towards the end, she started crying. I told her she shouldn't feel bad; it's funny because she's always crying like she had a bad day. And that she's really always crying for no reason at all. Then she started bawling like something was really paining her. What she said next caught me off-guard: "But you're laughing at me. It hurts my feelings!" Awwww......my baby's growing older, and there's nothing I can do to stop it.


2 comments:
hehehe that's cute the baby is now a big baby. hugggggggggggg her for me. :)
how cute, ur little angel is starting to learn how to "feel". hehehe
Post a Comment