Kikay
No, on the contrary, I am not. I still wonder why my little girls are kikay. I am, in fact, the least bit of a girly-girl. I actually have a guy friend who is more kikay (kikoy?) than I am, but he says that is because he is metrosexual. I still wonder why my girls like wearing dresses, when in fact, when I was younger I despised the dresses my mom made us wear. I love shoes, but most of them are sneakers. I don't own a pair of formal shoes, much less, anything with heels. The only one I had, I wore to my wedding and if only they'd let me, I would have worn slippers. And even at that, I didn't even keep it on the whole time. My friends were laughing at me because before the event was over, I was already barefoot, and I almost that pair (not that it would have been a loss since I got rid of that pair the day after). So, imagine my surprise when I went shoe-shopping with my daughter. She picked out a pair which she said she liked (for me), and I almost died when it turned out to be the pinkest, sparkliest stilettos with heels so high and pointy I was afraid it would be branded an assault weapon. The only accessories I know of are for my toys. I won't spend too much for clothes, but it doesn't take a lot for me to spend on gadgets (and with much consideration, too).
And so, yesterday, I was talking with a new friend, and I was faced again with how un-kikay I am. I found out that they spent more than 2 hours at the mall but they were only able to go inside only 2 shops. They intended to go sightseeing/malling (they just recently moved), but they ended up shopping inside just 1 store. So really, they didn't see much of the place. I couldn't help thinking, I am glad I wasn't there with them. One was because the store they went to wasn't exactly where I go, and another thing is that I like getting my shopping done quick. I usually stay out of the clothes shops as much as I can, and when I need to, I get things done as fast as I can. In and out, as much as possible. When I shop for clothes for the girls, I try to get everything done in one visit. If I stay longer than an hour, you can bet I got everything I needed in that trip.
Now, the hubby was telling me last night.....I should take my new friends to the outlets to get some real shopping done. I am okay with that, but I was thinking, maybe I should take them to a smaller group of outlets....somewhere that I couldn't really lose them. Although on second thought, maybe I should leave it to their hubbies to bring them there. *lol*


2 comments:
when i was younger, i was quite the tomboy who would rather stay in jeans and a plain shirt. but in time, when i had my daughter (she's 7 now), i suddenly had the urge to be a bit girly, being a first time mom and all (that time). so my cousins encouraged me to do a makeover and that was the first time i started to go all "kikay". my advise, when you buy clothes or shoes or accessories, don't go overboard by choosing the "in" style (like the pink stilettos) but try choosing the comfy yet stylish ones para naman di ka ilang na suotin yun and you still get to be yourself. :)
Sorry to disappoint, but I did not buy that pair. *lol* I actually don't feel the need to be kikay just for them. They're kikay enough for their ages, parang overkill na if I go kikay pa. That story about the stilettos, I was actually shopping for sandals, and we happened to walk by the stilettos on display by the wall, she walked over and showed it to me, maganda daw, bakit hindi ko bilhin. I still pretty much stick to styles I am familiar and comfortable with, which explains why I am dumbfounded at such instances that they display ultimate kikay traits. And they're still at it -- another time naman, me tinitingnan ako na bag, ang maganda daw red-sequined purse. Gosh....feeling ko paglaki nito, feeling papa-pictorial palagi, e! :))
Post a Comment