Star Wars
Star Wars is now celebrating it's 30th year. It's funny (kinda) how it has created a whole new population of followers of all ages. Who would have thought that something that was first released in my childhood would be something new and updated for my kids to enjoy in the present? Of course, I still think that it is mostly a matter of marketing (that part, I hate) -- I have no doubt people have made a lot of money out of it already -- but I have to admit that it is quite easy to appreciate everything about it. Or maybe, we just are a bunch of suckers. =)
Ok, so I've said it: We are Star Wars geeks. Which is why we have been to several Star Wars events, some of which were from earlier this year. I think J is still a bit annoyed because I failed to mention the big celebration in LA. My bad. I should have known he'd wanted to go. We did start the year with Star Wars when Mr. Lucas marshalled the Rose Parade, anyhoo.
No, there wasn't an invasion. This was the 501st legion, three platoons of stormtroopers gracing the 2007 Rose Parade to welcome the new year....
as well as the Grambling Marching band dressed as Imperial Officers playing, but only of course, the Imperial March, also known as Darth Vader's Theme.
Nothing more appropriate when you have Mr. Vader marching after you, no? And yeah...the goosebumps! (Forgive me, I am such a dork).
Moving on.....my little Vader girls, posing at the souvenir shop of the Star Wars exhibit in CA Science Center in April. They just had to try that on. I wonder why?
Bet you didn't know Yoda has a car.
Obi Wan, too. (I wasn't able to get a clear shot of the interior of this car, but his steering wheel and hand brake lever was modified to look like the hilt of a lightsaber. Coolness.)
And The Millenium Falcon. I am just not so sure it can go to hyperspeed. (These cars, I believe, can actually still run. These were on display outside the museum -- owned and maintained by fanatics and "loaned" to the exhibit voluntarily. In fact, from what we've heard, the exhibit "guests" were actually just volunteers in their Star Wars gear.)
And how can you say no to these? You never know when an Imperial army would be coming to raid your fridge. Nobody better than a bunch of Jedis (and a Wookie and a stormtrooper) to watch guard, eh?
And just last month, the post office released limited-edition commemorative envelopes and stamps. I wonder if anybody would actually use these. I know I won't. The stamps are actually priced regularly, and the envelopes can be used for express mail (although, I don't send those), but if anybody did and I get stuff like these in the mail, it would probably stay with all my other "collector" stuff. Who knows; maybe in 20 years it would be worth a lot.


3 comments:
waaaaah! kakainggit!! grabe! and cute ng storm troopers! sarap makisingit at magpicture! naku, matutuwa talaga si ruther sa parade na 'to! meron na nga siyang lego e! pati yung frozen si Han Solo meron din sa lego! ang cute! =D
hehehe...
(puro exclamation point pala...)
Sinabi mo! I think yun na nga yung naging highlight nung event. Talagang yun lang inaabangan namin. Nakita ko nga yung Han Solo na Lego. Kaaliw. I think meron sila ngayon, mga gold-plated na C3PO, nakahalo sa selected Lego sets. If I remember it right, me raffle pa yata or something, 14K gold limited-edition C3PO (iba pa dun sa plated). I couldn't find the catalog where I saw it from, e.
Shempre nakarinig ako dito ng umaalingawngaw na mga "Whoa! Astig!!!" nung nakita ng mga miron sa likod ko yung mga cute na lego characters :p
Post a Comment