Plunger Plumber
Tonight, the sink went crazy. I was doing the dishes when I noticed that the water in the sink was going up. I am sure I didn't plug the drain up, so something was definitely wrong. After I finished washing the dishes, I was left with a sink half-filled with murky dishwater, and really, no promise of water going down the drain. So, I tried switching the disposal on, hoping that the grinders clear up whatever is blocking the pipes. Sure, the water went down on that side of the sink, but the water level on the other side went up. It didn't even go all the way down. It just went down a few inches and swirled around and around like a toilet eternally in flush-mode. And when I turned off the disposal, the water went back up.
Since it has already happened before, hubby equipped the kitchen sink with a plunger. Confident that would solve the problem, I plunged. No luck. Maybe the other side? No luck either. What made it worse was that I couldn't effectively seal the other drain. I could seal one side with the plug (frustratingly, this is the side that dumps directly on the pipes and the one I would have loved to have plunged), but the disposal, I couldn't, so what I plunged from one side only bubbled up on the other.
What to do? What to do? I couldn't exactly call my landlady at this time of the night. She wouldn't be able to do anything about it either. I can call her tomorrow to have the plumbers come, but until tomorrow, we'd be stuck with a murky-water sink. Hubby is out for the week. I can't use Drano. Although the package on the can of WD-40 at home claims to "solve all your problems," I doubt it can do anything about a clogged sink. Maybe I should wait to see if the water level goes down?
So I leave it alone for 15 mins, I come back and nothing's changed. I tried what I did before then switched on the disposal. The water went down some. And then some. And then some more. Then the water started spinning. And still it kept on going down some more. And then the water was almost gone. I turned the hot water on, hoping that helps flush the clog out some more, partly afraid to turn the disposal off and see the water rising again. But when the water continued flowing down the drain, I reluctantly turned the disposal, then the water off.
Since I really didn't do anything different the second time, I refuse to believe that I actually did anything to solve the problem. Now, the question......hindi kaya niloloko ako ng lababo?


4 comments:
that's right, niloloko ka lang ng sink mo....hehehe
Ahahaha. Nakakabaliw nga kagabi, mawawala yung tubig, tapos bumabalik na naman. Iniisip ko na nga saan ako huhugas ng pinggan pag hindi naayos ng tubero agad, e. Heheheh
i have a similar problem. hay naku, kainis talaga ang mga lababo, nagloloko kung kelan ang daming hugasin :D i usually let my husband solve the problem. i am hopelessly clueless sa mga ganyan-ganyan. buti nga ikaw kahit paano marunong mag-troubleshoot.
Nako, e di syempre, ang iniisip ko kagabi sana nandito asawa ko para hindi ko problema yun, kanya na lang. Hehehehehe.
Post a Comment