Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Roller Coaster

SO-SO: It has been a LOOOOONG day for me. We have been up early since A has school. Her school has a daycare program, so they practically run the whole-year round. Mornings are scheduled to be "school-like;" I really didn't have to keep her in it while D has her summer break, but I thought, it might be good for her, too, to be in a kind of summer program. I might look for something for D, too, once she tires out of her summer break.

GOOD: I have mentioned before that we have newly-relocated friends, they were housed in a company-paid temporary residence for a month. Since the month is almost over, they had to look for a place to stay. They have practically eliminated everything in their list of choices. It was pretty hard, too, since one of their conditions was that they wanted to get separate units in close proximity to each other, of course in a nice neighborhood at a reasonable rate. We decided to help them out, and we have been practically scouring the neighborhood since this weekend. We were able to find one for one of the couples yesterday, and today, we found another one! Yay! The lady we talked with today was really nice, too. She did a quick check and made a decision right then and there. She didn't have them make a deposit, too, she just said they need to give the rent and deposit when they get the keys on their move-in date and to make sure that the utilities are transferred to their name by then. She said she won't even charge them the last few days of the month anymore even if they move in before July 1st.

BAD: We bought drive-thru on the way back, and by accident, 2 large cups of rootbeer spilled inside the car. It wouldn't have been so bad if the lids did not come off, but everything was on the carpet, ice and all.

GOOD: While we were able to wipe most of it off before it seeped through, the mats were still soaked. I had the mats washed, and it is again spotless!

BAD: My computer made funny noises last night. No, not sitcom-boingggg-funny, but something-is-wrong-I-hope-it's-not-my-hard-drive funny. It just started as a faint whirring sound, but by 9PM last night, it was so loud, I thought aliens were coming to get us. Whatever.

DRAW: So I brought it to the Genius Bar to have them look at it, and something is definitely wrong with the fan (bad), but since I have AppleCare, repairs are covered (good). However, the parts needed are not available (they do the repairs in store) and had to be ordered (bad), so I have to leave my computer with them for about 3 - 5 days (bad). At least, for sure, it wasn't my hard drive that was problematic (good, good).

FUNNY: While waiting for the paperwork to get done, I asked the Genius guy if he'd know whether they take reservations for the iPhone, which is coming out (parang bakla ano?) this Friday. He said no. They'd even be closing early and reopen only at 6PM. It would be on a first come, first served basis. When I said it looks like there's going to be a throng of people waiting outside for the reopening, he said, there's actually a kid and his mom camping already outside. It was funny-weird. The boy looked to be around 11, and on the wall, he pasted a sheet of paper torn from a notebook. It said, "iDAY!!! I AM WAITING FOR THIS! #1 in line!" with a big sketch of the iPhone. I wanted to take pictures but I was too embarrassed to ask. I did try to drive past a couple of times, but I couldn't get a clear view. There was a construction area in the middle of the road nearby, so I was worried too that if I stop too long, I might get a citation, so I gave up.

FUNNY: I rented Reno 911: Miami a couple of days ago. I find the TV show senseless and lewd, but while the movie was still quite senseless and lewd, it was actually funny. It was good, too, in the sense that they did not spoil the fun with dragging moments. It was nonstop laughter for me.
It must be true, that laughter is the best medicine. I have been running around the whole day, but sitting for a couple of hours to watch Reno 911 and I don't feel as tired. Bukas kaya, ano naman?

2 comments:

:P said...

wow! supermom mode ka naman ah! =D

hinay-hinay lang ha. ingat!

mitch said...

Hehe. Kulit ko din, e. Pag hindi ko ginawa, boredom naman kalaban ko. Pero nakuha ko na ulit today computer ko! Waaay before the 3 days they promised me. Happy happy, joy joy! Para akong pilay kahapon, hindi ko ma-access yung files ko. XD