Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Bone-tired

The running around the past few days is now taking it's toll on me. Although I was able to accomplish stuff that needed to be done for the day, I definitely felt tired. So much so that I also fell asleep when I laid down beside A while I was coaxing her to take a nap. What woke me up was a phone call letting me know that the hectic schedules are not over yet. Well, at least not for a couple more days. I really have no problem dealing with it, it's just I'm also feeling a bit under the weather. I surmise I really haven't been able to adjust to the sudden changes of the weather from our last trip. We went home with itchy throats, which by now, has progressed to stuffy noses and forceful sneezes. The good thing is that, unless something else comes up, everything should be in place by July 3. So, yeah.....Happy 4th of July to me! (And, really, I do not mind the bustle.....sana lang pumayat ako. Hehe.)

And speaking of the 4th of July, I really haven't thought about it before, but I should have had the good sense to look for wherever there would be fireworks. The girls would have fun watching it. I found out that one of the nearby schools would have a fireworks spectacle, but I'm still having second thoughts because hubby wouldn't be here then. I have no idea how crowded it's going to be, so I really don't want to take chances with the girls. Maybe if I can find out if there is a limit on the attendees, or if there would be good seating, I could take them there. We'll see.....

D is already excited for this weekend. We made a deal that we are not having a party anymore, but she can choose where or what we'll be doing. Plus we'd have dinner somewhere where the flatware is not plastic; her choice, too. So, she said, she wants to go Build-A-Bear. She had been asking about that since the start of the year, I think. It was funny. A was thinking that since it's D's birthday, she won't be coming. She was already sulking, so I had to tell her that she'd be coming and she can get her own bear, too. As for dinner, she hasn't quite decided yet. Her first choices, though, were the ones she had free meals to (their school gave gift certificates to some food places in the area, kind of like a going-away gift). I had to stifle a laugh when I told her it's her birthday, I really won't mind paying for her food! =D But, really, she's just excited to use up the certificates because it has her name on it. You know....the kind of excitement one gets when using a new credit card for the first time? Yikes. I fear the day.

3 comments:

:P said...

happy birthday dallas!! big girl ka na! God bless! =D

naku, pereho tayo. inuubo na rin ako at may colds na! si ethan din, medyo under the weather. i think it's because of the dust dito sa bahay. haay... sana matapos na talaga. 10 years!!!

mitch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mitch said...

Thank you, thank you! Bolera nga ang bruha. Kung ano-ano sinasabi sa akin kanina. Napagalitan kasi, hindi kasi nakikinig. I felt guilty kasi I had to scold her so close to her bday, pero someone has to do it, e.

Ang kati pa din ng lalamunan ko na naman. I hope we all get better. Pati boys mo, sana hindi na mag-progress yung discomfort nila. It's a good thing, though, sila Dallas, ok naman. Better na ako na lang sick rather than them.