Thursday, June 28, 2007

Tagged: You Rock!

Yette did a tag on her blog and included me as one of the people who rock her world. I am quite touched; although we were together in college, we belonged to different cliques. Not to say that we didn't speak to each other, we did, and I recall we did a great job being business managers of the class. But now, finding ourselves in a totally different direction as most of our friends, I am glad that we got to bond over family and kids. And, if anything, I am very happy that amongst everyone, I find you in the same domestic situation as I. Seeing that you made the same decisions as I did only reinforces my belief that I wasn't wrong when I chose my family over a career. Your kids may be younger than mine, but the devotion I see in you is enough to put you in the top of my book. You are one supermom yourself, and you rock my world!

And now, I hope to pass it on to 5 other women bloggers who I believe, in some way or another, has rocked my world. Rock on, ladies!



  • Big Momma - you still amaze me with your passion for life. I know being in your situation is tough, and I admire that you do not deny that. I love that you are not afraid to be honest with us, and I love that you do not give up. Ysa is growing to be a fine lady, I know that in time, she will see deeper and understand what you are made of. She will be a smart, courageous woman because of the strength you impart on her. Know that even when some people do not appreciate you, we do. Know that a diamond is just a rock, tempered by the pressures around it. In your own way, you are a jewel; in your time, you will shine. And I know, it won't be long.
  • Karen - I have always looked up to you with how you have raised Alec to be the smart boy that he is now. I am sure it is a challenge to keep up with his desire to learn, and I admire you with how you handle it. Good luck with your current undertakings. I hope, whatever you plan for, you achieve.
  • Melisse - a fellow SAHM with 3 kids to boot. Although I haven't personally met her or her kids, I have no doubt her kids are smart, and it is very evident that they're very charming. Her tales of giving birth to her babies still amaze me until now. I have known her from our Parenting E-group to be a level-headed, very resourceful, and well-spoken person. Rock on!
  • MommyChi - I have only known you recently, but I am a big fan of your blog. You sound like a very strong, persevering woman. I know it's hard to leave family behind, but you take that sacrifice to give them the best. I hope in due time, you can bring your husband and daughter with you. And good luck with the upcoming baby.
  • Tini - I have probably known you the longest, but I must say, there is still more for me to learn about you. We went to the same highschool, been around the same people, but our (mis)adventures have been very different. I am very happy for you, you have a very beautiful family. I may not know much, but I do know, your experiences have made you the kind of person that you are now. If the ends justify the means, then by all means, be yourself and be happy.

Thank you, ladies, for the opportunity. It was hard to choose just 5, but I should say, it was worth it.

You don't have to pass it on, if you don't feel like doing it. You still rock!

4 comments:

Faye said...

Awww... sweet Mitch! Thanks!

quietstream said...

Thanks for the kind words, Mitch. I'm so touched you thought of me. Yes, it's definitely a challenge to raise a boy like him singlehandedly, but it's quite fun too. Your kids are growing up well too. They're so adorable and smart. :-) See you soon!

mitch said...

You're very welcome.

Mommy Chi said...

thanks! na touch naman ako :)