Talkative
When I was in preschool, my dad used to tell me that they gave me the "Most Active" award only because I was really talkative. Now, I don't really know if that was based on a direct feedback from my teachers, but I did get that award consistently while I was attending that preschool. Having said that, I wasn't really surprised when D started talking well before she could walk. By the time she was 2, she was talking nonstop. And by nonstop, I mean, she'd be talking even when there's nobody to talk to. She'd be talking to herself, talking to her toys, and even sometimes, doing monologues or "announcing" everything she's doing even if nobody is listening.
When we had A, I thought it would be different. She was still babbling on her first birthday. When she turned 2, although I can understand what she's trying to say, nobody outside the family did. But I thought wrong. As soon as she found her words and learned how to say them correctly, it would be valid to say she's right behind her sister's ways. Now that she's almost 4, she's talking nonstop, too. Over a year later than her sister did, but evident that she's on her way.
Anyway, in a house where there's always someone talking, it can be quite hard to have some quiet....not that I don't like listening to their small talk, but I do have my days. I sometimes take advantage of them asking for something to ask for something in return. One time, D was asking if she can have a piece of candy, and I said yes, if she can keep herself from speaking for 15 minutes. And so, began our game. (She did get her candy, too.)
Some days, we'd just be making fun of each other and so hubby would "host" contests like that. There was another time when D would be coaching hubby while he was playing a video game. Hubby responded by telling her she can play next if she can be quiet until his play ended. She did keep quiet, but it didn't mean she stopped coaching. It was really funny.....she couldn't open her mouth but she was jumping up and down, making signs to describe the clues, much like playing charades. However, these games didn't quite work with A, being only 3 and not really understanding the rules of the "game."
So a few nights ago, I heard hubby talking with her. They were playing together, and then I heard hubby say, "Pag quiet ka ng 5 minutes, bibigay ko 'to sa 'yo." (If you can be quiet for 5 minutes, I'll give this to you.) There was quiet and then hubby burst out laughing. Intrigued, I asked why. He said, "Sabi ko, quiet siya ng 5 minutes, pumikit. Matutulog na yata." (I said, she has to be quiet for 5 minutes, [she] closed her eyes. Maybe [she's] going to sleep.) True enough, she was there with her eyes closed, pretending to be asleep but smiling. Still it was hilarious that even without saying, she admits that she can't stay awake and not talk. And, no, contrary to what she thinks, she talks in her sleep.


3 comments:
waaah! wish ko lang na magsalita na nang maayos so ethan. nagbababble pa rin e from time to time. although most of the time he can get his message across, medyo bulol pa rin. a part of me does not mind this kasi ang cute e, parang baby pa rin pero the other part, gusto ko na rin na he'll not have difficulty expressing himself. haay...
inggit ako sa interaction ni jong sa mga girls. parati kasi wala si ruther e. haay... =(
Boy naman si Ethan...sabi nila boys develop language skills later than girls. Kaya nga daw mas madami sinasabi women compared to men. Haha. I've digressed.....ok lang naman, I think, as long as he can express himself, and you encourage him to verbalize his thoughts. Yung iba kasi, dahil daw nag-b-babble o kaya bulol, dapat daw ganun kausapin kasi yun lang daw naiintindihan nung bata. DUH?!
Nako, ganyan naman yan. Masaya sila pag naglalaro sila, maya-maya, nag-a-away-away na. Kung pwede lang talaga mamalo ng anak ng iba! Nyahahaha!
our daughters have so much in common, chuchai talks non-stop that you have to bribe her to stop talking. recently, na-adik kumanta ng "make me a servant" just cause they performed it in school. the song just keeps playing in my head, all because of bratinella!
Post a Comment