Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Harry Potter

Disclaimer: No spoilers here. If you are hoping to read about the movie or even a review about the movie, dream on. I realized not everyone would be seeing it all at the same time, so I just want to be fair. Besides, I do not want anybody to spoil the movie for me if I haven't seen it myself yet.

Back in February, I pre-ordered Harry Potter 7 when Amazon.com announced that it was available for pre-order. A few days ago, I received a notification that I can receive my book on release Saturday if I upgrade my shipping preferences. You see, I opted for free shipping, which, according to Amazon.com estimates, would deliver my book by the 26th. But previous experience with Amazon.com has always been pleasant, with them delivering way ahead of their estimates, so I am taking my chances. Besides, Harry Potter 6 was delivered on release day on free shipping, so I am definitely keeping my fingers crossed. I am considering of going to a midnight release party, just for the heck of it, though....It would be the last Harry Potter book, so I believe it would be a pretty big one.

And tonight, we will be going in line to watch Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I am so excited. I know, this past few weeks, I have probably accumulated almost a day going in line for several other stuff, but this is so exciting. We are getting our stuff ready for the 3 hours we will be spending there. Laptop, charged: check! Cellular PC card: check! Portable DVD player: check! DS and GBA: check! Tickets: check!

Update (9:54pm): Been here an hour already, there were at least 4 queues, and the lines are very long. Apparently, the first in line started camping out at 5pm this afternoon. We got here at 9, and we're probably in the 50's already. Still some 2 hours to go.

2 comments:

Mommy Chi said...

i had mine pre-ordered through barnes and noble and based on their shipping history, lagi silang one time compared sa amazon.

i was suppose to watch HP today kaso may appointment ako sa doctor ko and i was just too tired to go out after being in the hospital for almost 5 hours. maybe this weekend, although mejo corny na kasi nabasa ko na yung 5th book.

mitch said...

Thanks for the tip, Chi. I checked though, mas mahal ng konti sa Barnes and Noble, and if I buy just 1 book, I still have to pay for the shipping. Pareho na lang din, I can opt to pay standard shipping with Amazon.com, guaranteed Jul. 21 delivery. Barat lang talaga ako, kaya I'm taking my chances with the free shipping with Amazon. Hehehehe