Weekend Warrior
Since summer began, we have noticed there had been quite a number of spiders in different sizes around the house. Most of the time, we just catch them with a bug vacuum and release them in the backyard. Sometimes, though, they move so fast, they just get away before we can even turn to get the bug vac. As far as we know, these spiders around the house are pretty harmless. I question it now since J has been complaining of something bothering him on the inside of his upper arm since Wednesday. It looked like a small insect bite, but what caused the bite, we don't really know. Problem was that this little sting has now turned into a full blown staph infection. Now, J, for some reason, is a good breeding ground for boils. Why that is so, I have no idea; but it wasn't too long ago when he had another one on his torso. This one on his arm was really bad, it swelled more than 4 times it's size overnight. I told him to go see the doctor since it looked like he has to go on antibiotics for it. He went on Thursday and was told by his doctor that she has been dealing with a lot of bad skin infections recently, it probably has something to do with the weather. I agree, too. What with the heat and sweating, there really is a chance that a small wound or scratch can get infected. He asked if there is a possibility that the wound was caused by a spider bite. The doctor said it could be, but that is really of no concern now since they need to be treating the skin infection as it is. He has started taking antibiotics since and slept all day on Friday. The swelling has gone down a little, but the area is still red and the swelling is still quite hard to the touch.
**************
We went to meet up with Karen on Friday. She informed me a while back that they were heading back home today (July 16), and whether they would be able to come back would depend on several factors. Still, it was a reason to go see each other. We just had lunch before walking around to sightsee. It was fun inspite of the heat, plus we saw this:
any fresher and it would be wet cement we'd be taking photos of. =)
**************
We spent Saturday taking care of a feverish J due to his staph infection. Yup, it got so bad he had on and off fevers late Friday and almost the whole day Saturday. He was all better by Saturday night, except for the swelling still being there. I am thankful, though, the girls had been very good, they didn't mind that we spent the weekend at home.
However, none of that stopped J. He was on a mission -- to watch Transformers, that is. He was away when the movie came out and so, when he felt he was miles better on Sunday, we went out to watch Transformers. And then, when it was still early after the movie ended, we also watched Ratatouille. Both of them were very good, I think. Although A slept through half of the Transformers, I think it was too fast for her to enjoy it, D was all eyes on the screen. The girls really enjoyed Ratatouille and were calling the movie "Rat-patootie." I couldn't quite relate until I saw the exact scene where that was mentioned -- the girls just found it hilarious. Oh, well.
**************
Just now, D had a curious question: "Why is 'together' spelled the same as 'to get her?'" Uh, honey, I don't know.


No comments:
Post a Comment