Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Tagged: Kilig

MommyChi tagged me on "What was I thinking when I first met my current partner?" Interesting. Sabi nga ni Rose sa Titanic, "It's been 84 years......" teka lang, nag-r-reminisce pa ako! :)

(Spoiler: Sorry, sobrang baduy nito....)

I was a HS freshman when I met J. I just transferred schools, and since the new school was too far from home, not to mention the difficulty of getting a bus ride everyday along EDSA, I had to go on a school service which serviced areas close to home. J was on the same service, not to mention that the vehicle (it wasn't a bus, but a jeepney at the start, which later on became a nicer, airconditioned vehicle similar to the predecessor of the FXs) was managed by his relatives. The first time I saw him, he was bickering with the driver since apparently, the driver left without him since they were running late and he was still asleep. Funny. Hanggang ngayon, mahirap siya gisingin! They (the service occupants before we got in) weren't exactly bullies, but they somehow had dominance. They can demand for the choice seats in the vehicle even if we got there first, or sometimes, just ignore us altogether. I was able to work my charms, though. They would let me sit where I want to and they were friendly with me. Which was why he thought I would be a good match with one of his friends.

It didn't last long. He was cute (diba, Tin? Hehe), but he kept mostly to himself. I didn't know him any better than when I first met him and it became pointless, so it was goodbye after a while. Then, J gave up on this one girl he was trying to woo for a very long time already. He wasn't really mad about it, but he just decided he wouldn't have any more of what the girl had been giving him. She just had him running around her, but she'd always say she doesn't want to be his girlfriend. I was there with him when he decided to burn everything that would remind him of her. Para kaming mga arsonists!

We were friends, we'd always be telling stories on the way home and we really didn't think it was something. Most of my friends are boys, so it wasn't as if there was anything special about being friends with him, besides, his cousin was my best friend that time. We'd always be bantering or exchanging insults, like I remember him saying one time that when he gets to have kids, he wishes his kids would look like me, so I told him, "Whatever, what's the punchline?" So, I didn't think of anything when one time, he pulled his cousin aside to talk with her. That same night, he said he had something to tell me. He was nervous like he didn't know how to break it, so I helped him along. I thought he was going to tell me that his friend, my ex was already going out with someone. Old news, I said. I already saw them together on the way out of the school, and it was nothing. It was really over. Then he said something else after he made me promise that I wouldn't laugh or get mad. It was surreal. I didn't want to believe, of course. It was a Friday, so, I thought, if it was a joke, I wouldn't find out until after the weekend. It only became real when he called me at home to check on me that Saturday. Doesn't seem too big a deal, but that was so long ago, they didn't have any phones near where they lived. He went out in the rain to go find a phonebooth to give me a call! How's that for serious?

And so, a few days later, amid a lot of talks and concerns that if we didn't work out, it might be a lost friendship, we officially became a couple. We've fought petty fights, we've broken up and gotten back.....and the rest, as they say, is history.


Somehow, I couldn't believe that was THAT long ago. It was nice to look back and remember that.

Now, I am tagging Yette (really, I am curious!), Mhay, Era, and Reigh. Sige naaaaa.......

6 comments:

:P said...

teka, ihahanda ko pa yung telenobela ko. hahaha!

uy, hirap rin gisingin si Ruther!! grabe!! tapos sa boys naman, parang si Nikki is like me and Ethan like Ruther (hirap din gisingin). Haay...

Ers said...

thanks for the tag.. i was tagged by mitchteryosa on this... :) tag me again next time. i love tags.

mitch said...

Shoot....sorry, Era! I thought I read you do that na. Didn't think twice about checking your recent posts. Sorry!

Yette, I'm looking forward to reading yours! Curious talaga ako kasi alam ko, while we were in school, wala ka naman BF. When I came back after a year, kaka-kasal mo lang daw. Haha!

:P said...

ayan na! na-post ko naaa! super duper sa corny! hahaha!

quietstream said...

Wow how sweet! Kilig... :-) But don't tag me for love stuff ha. hehe

mitch said...

Haha. Got it.