One week
I know. I'm sorry. I didn't realize that it has already been a full week without a post. Time moves fast around these areas these days; add to that the fact that all we have been doing is running around.
Anyway, to recap: we headed back south on Wednesday. It was quite a slow move for us. We were torn over spending a couple days more (it felt like vacation) or going home to get things done. Inevitably, we chose the "going home" path. It took us almost the whole day to decide. We didn't leave until the very last minute, and "very last minute" meant leaving around 8pm and getting home around 2am. We could have stayed a day later, but we were afraid "tomorrow" might be pushed back farther and farther until we'd be spending the weekend there. So, home it was.
Since we were already home, we showed up at the round-up registration at D's school even if I called them to say we wouldn't be able to make it. We got her class assignment and got the results of last spring's testing. I was only too happy:
Oh, but it gets better!
So, because of that, she got this:
We really didn't intend on getting one for her, even if she'd been asking for it since around Christmas. I only told her before, "You can't have it just because you want it." But since she did really well in her assessment, and J was decided he'd give her a reward, I had to come up with a fast and safe answer. It was a good choice, after all. The following day, she was up earlier that all of us -- I thought I was hearing voices in my head only to find out she's curled up in the living room whispering commands to her "puppy."
****************
We did an all-nighter waiting for the lunar eclipse. Now, the pictures!







1 comment:
nice shot of the moon........and congrats to your brilliant kid....have a nice week ahead.
Post a Comment