Philippine-made
A few nights ago, we brought our tourist friends to the old town. As we were walking by a local cinema, I looked to check what movies were playing. Then I did a double take. Currently screening was "The Blossoming of Maximo Oliveros." I got curious. It sounded just about right. Could it be the same movie that was talked about a couple of years ago in the Philippines?
Then, as we walked towards the parking lot, we saw the posters. My doubts were gone. It was indeed "Ang Pagdadalaga..." I never saw the movie, although I really wanted to. All I heard was that it was cute and most of the people I know who have seen it gave high recommendations for it.
As we were looking at the posters, this caught my eye. (Forgive the poor shot -- the lighting was bad, and I was using my cameraphone.)
In case you couldn't make out what it says: "Official Philippine Entry to the 79th Annual Academy Awards." Astig.


3 comments:
galing mio. i love news like this. =D take care!
ako rin di ko pa napapanood yan,,,,,nasa japan ako nung shinowing yan dito eh
ah yes, it is a good movie, reaped awards abroad. one of the movies that are proudly rp-made. i hope you were able to watch it too.
Post a Comment