Tagged: Birthday
I never admit my birthday. Not that I am ashamed to have been born, but mostly because it is of no specific interest to anybody else if you are not family or one of my closest friends. It was only recently -- 3 years ago, to be exact -- that I was proud to announce it was my birthday. And that was only because I get a free buffet meal at Todai on that day.
So, anyway, Arlene tagged me on this:
What do I need to do?
1. Go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday (month and day)
2. Write down 3 events, 2 births, 1 holiday, and tag 5 friends.
3. There are five slots in the Birthday meme. As you are tagged, you have to remove the name in the first slot and bump everyone up so that your name can be added to the bottom.
Here's mine:
Events:
- 1943 - Dr. Albert Hofmann discovers the psychedelic effects of LSD. (Aaaah. Cool, ain't it?)
- 1972 - Apollo program: Apollo 16 launches towards the Moon from Cape Canaveral, Florida.
- 2007 - Virginia Tech massacre, the deadliest mass shooting in modern American history, leaves 33 dead. (I really felt bad about this. I didn't hear about it until a couple of days after. Come on....it was my birthday, I was out!)
- Does it count, too, that I was born on a Good Friday, which makes my birthday fall during the Holy Week every couple of years? I have had a couple of Easter Sunday birthdays, too.
Births:
- 1889 - Charles Chaplin, English actor, writer, and film producer (Yep. Charlie Chaplin!)
- 1971 - Selena, American singer
Holiday:
I am tagging:
- everyone who hasn't done this tag yet! (I am sorry. I am just too lazy to pick just five names :/)
Birthday List:
- Gran's Memory Keeping Corner
- Teacher Julie
- Mommyness is Happiness
- Life is what we make it
- I can dream, can't I
Hah! And I still haven't revealed my birthday! Sneaky!


1 comment:
Belated April birthday wishes to you Mitch. Thanks for continuing the tag. :)
Post a Comment