Friday, September 7, 2007

Tagged: ME!

So, Chi tagged me here and here. (I am sorry, Chi. I got so caught up with stuff I didn't have the time to work on this right away.) So, to make up for it, I am doing both tags now.


























I had a hard time looking for pictures. I probably have thousands of pictures on my computer, mostly of the girls and places we've been, but very few of me. J, too. It's almost funny how one of our friends said before, we've sent them a lot of pictures of the girls, but we haven't sent them even one family picture. They proceeded to threaten us that if we don't "produce" a decent family picture, they'd cut out pictures from somewhere and piece them together to form a family pic for us. And so we did, but it was really funny. And we didn't have another one since then. That was 2 winters ago.

2 winters doesn't seem to be a long time. In some ways it is, and in some ways, it isn't. 2 winters is enough for me to call LA home. In the past 5 years, we've been shuffling around, settled but not really. I have been used to staying put. I lived in the same house from the time I was young until I got married. On the contrary, my children are used to the busy lives that we have. If anything, I am thankful they adjust well.

Maybe that has to do with my being a stay-at-home mom, I don't know. I tried working when D was very young. But I gave up after a while since all I can think about is going home to them. Add to that, J was always traveling that time. With the busy environment we have, I wanted D to grow up with at least something constant. Most convenient was me. Moving around isn't too bad anymore; I try to always make sure it would be a fun experience for them. And I always try to help them settle in.

As for myself, I grew up independent. I lost my mom at a very young age, and for most of my life, I had to face changes on my own. I have no problems dealing with life, as that has always been the case. The only downside, I resist authority. I have a way of dealing with things, and unless I ask for help, I expect that I be left alone. I would rather take my own risks and learn from it rather than hear it from someone. I am a worrier, but I always try to think things will work out for the best. Good thing for me, most of the time, they do.

My name: Mitch
Childhood ambition: To be a doctor -- to the point that when one of my grade school teachers pointed out to me that I write really bad ("parang sulat-doktor"), I only answered, "Ok lang po. Gusto ko naman mag-doktor, e. (That's ok. I want to be a doctor, anyway.)"
Fondest memory: seeing my girls for the very first time.
Soundtrack: As per my friend's suggestion: On the Road Again. Pero sabi ko, Life is a Highway
Retreat: kahit saan na me view ng sunset
Wildest dream: I am quite tame. Realist ako, e
Proudest moment: so far, being told by my girls' teachers that they are doing really well and that they are very smart. Meron pang iba, syempre, pero ayaw ko i-share. =)
Biggest challenge: Keeping my mouth shut. When I was really pissed.
Alarm clock: Beep-beep-beep-beep-beep-beep-beep at 7 in the morning.
Perfect day: lounging, massage, dinner that I didn't cook and doing whatever I feel like doing for that day.
First job: Dental associate.
Indulgence: Chocolates. Deep massage.
Last purchase: Pizza for delivery.
Favorite movie: My Best Friends' Wedding. The Last Kiss.
Inspiration: J, D, A
My life is: a blur. Pero kung slowed down, of course it's a mix of happy and sad and everything in between.
My card is: pudpod na. I swear, it's funny......you know the strip below the magnetic stripe? It's nonexistent on my card. But in fairness, my card has never been maxed out. YET. Hahahaha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aha, so that's you, you look really cute ha? :)

big challenge din sa akin to keep quiet when im really mad :)

mitch said...

Hehe. Thanks.