McGyver
I am so cheap, we don't have long distance on our phone. In my defense, I don't see why I should pay extra for long distance when I have long distance included in my cellphone minutes. And so it has been for the last couple of years or so.
A few days ago, the husband had a document he needed to fax -- long distance. The normal route we'd take was to use a long distance phone card, but for some reason, it wouldn't connect. He insisted we can call long distance, but I told him ALL long distance calls were blocked. There was a recording saying we needed to enter an access code. So, I was dispatched to call the phone company to ask for the access code. I never bothered about it before since I could always make my calls on my cellphone. I was on hold for about 15 minutes and I figured I'd probably be for longer so I cut the call off. Brilliant idea: on my cell phone, call my home phone number where the fax is connected to, add a second call to the destination number, create a conference call and send. And it works!


No comments:
Post a Comment