Alive!!!
After 2 painful weeks of getting ready for the move, we have finally gone through with the inevitable. We had our stuff taken by the moving people on a Wednesday, cleaned the house on Thursday, and drove north on Friday. And since it was A's 4th on Sunday, we also had her birthday and last day in school on Thursday. I had never have so much stuff going on before -- not even the times we were cramming in school to finish projects while preparing for exams. Let's just say that I was lucky I was able to get 4 hours of sleep/rest before embarking on a 6-hour drive. Getting there, of course, wasn't the end of it. The house was clean -- but not enough for me. So, I was still up almost the whole night wiping and scrubbing everything I could see. We had to get the house clean before all our stuff came in.
The movers came in today and the house is just a mess! The garage is now cramped with all the boxes, and we still haven't fixed the furnitures inside the house. We wanted to do the bedroom first. I didn't think I would miss our bed, but after a week of sleeping in sleeping bags, I think I am ready to sleep on our bed now.
Things aren't really settled in yet. We still have a lot of arranging to do, but at least we have the cable TV on, the internet is running, all the services are now going and D is back in school. It might take me a month to do the unpacking, but I intend to take my sweet time doing that.


2 comments:
the pain of packing and un-packing but the effort would be worthwhile after seeing what you've done when you're finished. :))
I'm sure it would be. I took photos of all the stuff after they were brought in. I plan to take another set after we're done tidying up. It might still be a while, but things are moving for sure.
Post a Comment