Thursday, October 18, 2007

Surfboard

When A was a baby, I used to do the ironing once a week. That time, most of our clothes were really wrinkled after hanging them out to dry, plus D used to have a uniform for school. After moving out of the country, I learned the trick of folding clothes out of the dryer right away. Doing that prevents the clothes from wrinkling and eliminates the need to iron clothes. So, I haven't ironed until recently.

With J starting a new job, he's decided to change his office wardrobe from casual to business/professional. I need to iron at least his clothes again. Although I didn't use it, we still have an ironing board in the house for whenever we need it. When I took it out last week, I realized that A hasn't really seen one. D went up to me and said, "A thinks it's a surfboard. She asked me when she saw it." Funny. Last weekend, she wanted to cuddle with me, but I was going to do the ironing. She said, "The clothes are going surfing? On the 'surfboard'? Just like in 'Surf's Up'?" Okay. Now I know where that idea came from.

No comments: