Thursday, January 24, 2008

School

I am officially going back to school. If I had balls, it's probably way up in my throat right now. The little one is almost ready to start attending D's school in September, and I had better start getting ready to be in the work force once A is in school almost the whole day. I know it's a while still, but time isn't slowing down for me. I decided it's better for me to switch professions since it would take longer to try earning my professional license here, not to mention, I would need to study again, anyway. (And, yeah, I don't feel like my heart is in it anymore.)

Since A is in school only a couple of hours everyday now, and I can't submit myself to the rigid schedules of attending school full-time, I explored the possibility of taking a course online. The plan was that I would work towards earning a bachelor's degree. So, I called up the school and inquired about their degree programs. They asked some questions pertaining to my legal status and previous education. Apparently, the undergraduate degree programs they offer exclude the "basic" credits (similar to the GE subjects in college), and I would have to earn 120 credits elsewhere to complete a bachelor's degree. So I asked about having my previous credits (from my degree) transferred, and they told me, if I have actually already earned a degree, they can review and assess my transcript and I might be qualified to apply into their graduate program. So now, I'm signed up for their MBA program and I am starting to seriously, seriously doubt if I am in the right mind for all these things I'm getting myself into.

2 comments:

:P said...

go for it mio! it can be fun! it'll be great! i'm planning to also take a basic course in nihongo just in case we make it again to japan this year (keeping my fingers crossed). what course are you planning to take? =D

mitch said...

Thanks, Lae. I actually started already, now going into the 3rd week of classes. Sobrang busy, but I find it fun naman.