Monday, April 28, 2008

Bargain

I found, in one of my drawers, a 1-year old gift card to Toys 'r Us which was a bday gift for the little one last year (or was it 2 years ago?). Since it said there that after sometime, it would start to deduct $2 a month for non-use, I brought A to Toys 'r Us to pick out something.

She was decided to get 'something' Wonder Pets. Ok. But the limit is the amount on the card. That should be easy. I walked her around the store, and she just screamed when she found her toy. It was pretty much sold when she spotted it.
It was way below the card limit, so it was good. But I still had to spend the balance somehow and I didn't want to get just anything.

And then I spotted this:


Regular price: $29.99. Reduced price: $19.99. The price on the shelf said: $6.98. I grabbed one but I was doubtful -- hell, I could be wrong and could just be seeing things. So before checking out, I asked the lady behind the counter to please scan it for me to verify the price first. She said: "$5.58."

No comments: