Sunday, July 13, 2008

Month long

It's been a month?! Wow. I must have been so busy, it hadn't occurred to me that I haven't even looked here.

So, anyway, what has happened through the month?


Vacation!


The hubby had a business conference in MS land. Since the kids are on school break (even though I am not), we decided to all go for the trip to visit friends. The trip was ok. We were out of the house for almost 10 days, which was really tiring, but all the same, a welcome break. Disappointing that after being told the weather was cooler there, it was hot as hell, and ironically, the weather was really pleasant in SJ, which was odd because it was hot when we left, and it was hot after we got back. But I guess that is a good thing, because otherwise, it would have been either overcast or raining.

Then we took a side trip to Canada, which was only a couple of hours' drive from MS land. It wasn't a long drive and it was all green, but after the first hour, we were looking forward to see civilization. Well, I don't know. Maybe we've just gotten used to driving across Cali and it's all either desert, mountain or farm.


Birthday!

D turned 9 while we were there. My gosh.....where did time fly to? It wasn't a big celebration since we were on a trip, but because there was that business conference, some old friends who attended the conference got invited to the birthday dinner as well. She was happy. She got a lot of stuff plus money that we put in her bank account. Then she said she wanted to watch WALL-E. We did, but we didn't find time until a couple of days after. It was good that she was pretty content. She didn't ask for material stuff, which is always good.


Reunion

When we were scheduling the trip, I called one of my best friends who live close to MS land to check if we can meet-up. Unfortunately, she said they were going to the Philippines 2 weeks before our scheduled trip, and would be there until October. But when we got there, I still tried calling her and left a message. Just in case something in their plans changed and she happened to still be there, although I wasn't expecting anything. The following day, she called me up and she was still there. She was leaving in a couple of days, although she said we can definitely meet up before she goes. I had a window that same afternoon, so we jumped on it. We met up at the Town Center where the kids were able to play outside in the water. Then we had dinner together, and she was inviting us to her house. We were meaning to go, but the kids woke up late, and I had to arrange D's birthday dinner, so we were not able to. She was able to go to the birthday dinner, though, so it was all good. Well, anyway, we were able to hook her up with other friends who are in the area as well, so I think that was good for them as well.


Spilled milk

So, somebody spilled milk on the carpet a couple of days ago. We thought we were able to get everything out, but apparently, we were wrong. So wrong, in fact, that whatever was left got spoiled and started stinking really bad. It was so bad, that any attempt to clean it out only made it worse. We had no resort but to have the carpet shampooed. So we did. It has improved now, but still it smells a bit. Maybe, I should get something from the grocery to take care of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to D!