Friday, August 3, 2007

Productive

We couldn't join J in his meeting, and as time would have it, his meeting was a lunch thing and we had to check out of the hotel at noon. Instead of tagging along, we decided he'd just drop us off at a nearby outlet mall and he'd come back for us after. At least, we'd be whiling time away at a mall and it wouldn't matter if he stays longer than expected. We haven't been there an hour when it was confirmed that it was a good idea.

Going into the mall, we saw rental strollers with toy steering wheels. Since we might be staying for at least 3 hours, I decided to rent one for A. I figured she'd walk but she would get tired after the 3rd hour, and by then, I would be too tired. I wouldn't want a cranky kid wanting to be carried off when I would be tired enough, too. Plus, we would be driving back the same afternoon, so I really didn't want to be too tired when it's my turn to drive.

A short walk (and push) later, we came by a GAP clearance store. I had no plans of going shopping, but seeing as it had a big red "75% off on all items" posted, how can I ignore it? True enough, ticket prices were lower than usual (I think the items were originally for the outlet stores), but they would still take away 75% off the lowest ticketed price at the counter. I ended up buying surf shorts and men's shirts plus a pair of sandals. I was disappointed, though, that they didn't have anything for kids, so I wasn't able to get the girls anything. Again, I was thankful for the stroller. At least I wouldn't have to lug my shopping bag while we go around the store.

Since it was lunchtime already, we continued on to the food court for lunch. It was good that we had plenty of choices. The girls were happy, I was full.

Walking on, we passed by a small shop that sells children's gowns. I remembered I needed to get dresses for when they march as flower girls for J and L's wedding in September. L sent me links to online stores that sell flower girl dresses for cheap, but I was hesitant since the sizes may be all different and I would have a hard time looking for a good fit for the girls. I took my chances and looked through the store. I was elated to find dresses within my budget, and they were available in the girls' sizes. I immediately took pictures and sent a text message for L, asking for her approval with regards to the clothes.

While waiting, we walked on and saw an accessories store nearby. They had pretty-pretty accessories, so I was able to get some we can use for the wedding. By then, L had already replied: while she wasn't able to see the pic that I sent, she said to go for it.

After that was done with, we found ourselves a bookstore, and since I was already quite tired then, I let the girls browse while I just sat nearby. A short while after, J rang. He was already there. We just freshened up a little, grabbed drinks on the way out and started the long drive home.

It was definitely a long day for us, but I was glad that it wasn't time wasted.

2 comments:

Mommy Chi said...

the best thing about having a very hectic schedule is actually spending quality time with the family.

mitch said...

Now that you've mentioned it, oo nga. It wasn't such a chore, and the kids definitely had fun. They were asleep in the car even before we pulled out of the parking lot, but they were talking about it until the day after.