Geek
Yes, I know I already said once that I am a geek, but what happened today really fascinated me. Indulge me, please, with my amusing story.
Remember a few weeks ago, when I had that issue with my computer and I had to bring it in for repairs? That was the second time. The first time that happened in May, the Genius who assisted me noticed that I modified my chat application's icon. It wasn't anything big that required me to do a lot of hacking on the computer. It was just a plug-in, but still, a cute one at that. I think he mentioned that he was using the same chat app, but he wasn't aware that there was such a plug-in for that. On my computer, it was this:
Pretty cool, no?
Anyway.....today, I was back at the Store with another issue, thankfully, not with my computer this time. The same Genius was there at the tech support department. I was already helped by another tech guy, so I was just waiting while the girls were playing kids' games on the in-store computers. I was looking back and forth at the Genius Bar, waiting for my issue to be resolved. I was surprised when, upon seeing me, the Genius guy waved and smiled. When the device I was waiting for went out, I went over to the Genius Bar to pick it up. Genius guy then speaks to me and asks me about my computer. Then he said, "Oh, I already changed my icon to Yoda, too. It's sooo cool." Then we continued to talk about the sound plug-ins for the application. It actually didn't occur to me how weird we probably sounded until we were back home. Those people around us probably thought I just hang around the Store all day. Haha!
**********
On another story, there was an issue with my recent purchase. Apparently, there was a problem with the battery that wasn't too well-talked about. I wouldn't have thought it was a problem either if I hadn't read forums about it. The batteries weren't fully charging. It would report a full charge on the battery, but upon disconnecting from the power source, it was apparent that it wasn't fully charged. I thought it was a non-issue. All the while, I was thinking that maybe the battery needed several discharge cycles before charging at it's maximum capacity. Then I read about it. Uh-oh. To be sure, I called tech support. For all we know, it might just be a rumor going around. Tech support confirmed it was indeed an issue. They told me to just go ahead and make an exchange. Problem was that all stores are reporting they don't have anything in stock. So I called the nearest store and told them about my plight, and to my surprise, the customer rep was more than helpful. I am aware that I needed to get an appointment for service, so I just wanted to confirm that they have stocks before going ahead with the appointment. I sure don't want to sign up for an appointment only to be told that I cannot be served because they don't have anything to exchange it with. Customer service told me that they are booked full until Tuesday. Then he said I should just go ahead and visit the store before closing and speak with the store manager to have my problem resolved today. So, we did.
When we got there, Store Manager told me that usually, appointments needed to be made for fast service, but he'd try to fit me in. I might just have to wait a little longer. No biggie. Less than half-an-hour later, we were heading out the store with a replacement for the purchase. Another hour and I had all my previous data back, replacement up and running. Things just went so smooth, I didn't feel inconvenienced by it. Even the girls said it was too fast. They were hoping it would take longer so they could still play some more. And best of all, my toy is again brand new!


No comments:
Post a Comment